The Department of Energy of the Cracow University of Technology cooperates with numerous scientific and research centres located all over the world:
1. Universität Stuttgart, Germany, Institut für Feuerungs- und Kraftwerkstechnik (IFK) ‒ cooperation in the field of power boiler dynamics and mathematical modelling of power installations.
2. Universität Stuttgart, Materialprüfungsanstalt, Germany ‒ cooperation in strength calculations, residual lifetime assessment, inverse methods.
3. Shizuoka University, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Hamamatsu, Japan ‒ cooperation in the field of thermal stresses in power machines and devices.
4. Universität Duisburg-Essen, Institut für Energie- und Umweltverfahrenstechnik, Umweltverfahrenstechnik und Anlagentechnik, Germany ‒ cooperation in the field of computer modelling of thermal flow processes and the field of environmental protection in the power industry.
5. Université de Nantes, France ‒ cooperation in the field of experimental methods in heat transfer.
6. Technische Universität Dresden, Fac. of Mechan. Engineering, Inst. of Power Engineering ‒ cooperation in the field of creep of steam turbine and steam pipeline components and thermal stresses.
7. Cranfield University, Energy Technology Centre at Cranfield University, England ‒ cooperation in the field of evaluation of residual lifespan of power machines and devices and gas turbines.
8. Pennsylvania State University, USA ‒ student exchange.
9. Annaba University, Oran University, Algeria ‒ modelling of water jet cooling of solids
10. COST 538 ‒ cooperation within the international project “High Temperature Plant Lifetime Extension” in the years 2005-2008 together with universities from Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Great Britain, Switzerland, Spain and Slovakia, implementation of the project concerning determination of residual lifetime of power machinery and equipment and optimisation of heating and cooling of thick-walled pressure elements
11. Nuclear Power Plant Forsmark Kraftgrupp AB, Huvudforradet, SE-74203 Osthammar ‒ cooperation in determining the heat flux on the surface of nuclear reactor fuel rods.
12. Comex AS, Norway ‒ cooperation in the field of flow issues occurring in industrial installations of jet mills.
13. Électricité de France R&D – EDF Polska ‒ Consortium of Polish Universities. Cooperation in the field of steam boilers operation optimisation.
14. ČEZ A.S., Czech Republic ‒ cooperation in the field of thermal power plants.